Sunday, February 2, 2014


 Sibling relationships - & 80% of Americans have at least one - outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness & distance, warmth, loyalty & distrust. 
- Erica E. Goode

Mikayla and Connor
I grew up for the most part as an only-child myself (my half-brother is 12 years my senior). 
Lots of solo imagination time in my years, which often carries through into my adult life. 
However, I recently had the absolute pleasure of meeting and getting to know two incredible children with an undeniable sibling bond. 
Full of giggles & silly faces (Connor's preference) 

Of course they play together, that's to be expected. But it's more than just having a playmate. 
They are supportive of one another, generous and helpful. 
Connor & Mikayla genuinely love their sibling. 

Connor & Mikayla genuinely love their sibling

Typically, I'm a huge proponent of reading, engaging with others, studying and discussing to expand our minds… Now, in this peaceful morning (while I still believe in the aforementioned) I see that simple observation may open our eyes (and hearts) much wider than anything else. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive