Friday, February 7, 2014

Welcome Marley Jade

 A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on.
Carl Sandburg

"Where's Marley?"

This past December I met up again with Jamie, Cory & Kendal. After completing our session, 
Jamie asked me if I had ever photographed a birthing session... 
I hadn't.

But who doesn't like a challenge?

Besides, I'm always happy to be the one entrusted in capturing someone's memories.

Marley wasn't ready to come out of her cozy womb by her due date so
Jamie & Cory headed off to be induced early Tuesday, February 4th.

I personally arrived around 7am 
(nervous that Marley could come at any time! 
- did I mention I also have never experienced a birth before??).


Jamie was started on doses of pitocin by 6AM and all that was left to do was wait…


Patiently… :)
Finally, things started really moving along by 1PM.


And with the guidance of some incredibly well-trained (& well-experienced) staff..
Plus, one tough momma!..


Miss Marley Jade Vining made her arrival into the world at 1:44PM! 
By this point, I'm in tears … 
Even with all the weddings, military homecomings and even surprise proposals that I have captured - my first birthing session was by far the most amazing experience of my life. 


Truly, even now as I attempt to type out my emotions of the moment in this blog post, 
my eyes are watering. 








Kendal was able to come visit soon thereafter to finally meet baby sister, Marley.





Congratulations Jamie, Cory & Kendal on the newest addition to your beautiful family. 
Jamie, your father said it best - y'all definitely make some beautiful babies. 
Thank you, a million times over, for having me be a part of your day and sharing the beauty of it all. 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful account of the most important day in a new human life.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive